Workshop on affine and overlapping iterated function systems 2022
University of Bristol, 10 – 12 May 2022
Aim. The workshop aims to facilitate an exchange of new research, as much has happened over the past two years regarding affine and overlapping iterated function systems, as well as dimension theory in general and their interactions with fractal geometry, dynamical systems, as well as number theory. In particular, we ecourage early career mathematicians (ECM), whom the lack of in-person conferences and workshop has hit the hardest, to attend. We have funds from the London Mathematics Society and the Heilbronn Institute of Mathematical Research available to support the attendance of ECMs.
Pre-workshop event. The workshop will be preceeded by an LMS Scheme 6 one-day event on 10 May, celebrating the new appointment of Henna Koivusalo, with the workshop happening from 11 – 12 May at the University of Bristol.
- Karma Dajani, Utrecht University
- Tom Kempton, University of Manchester
- Henna Koivusalo, University of Bristol
- Simon Baker, University of Birmingham
- Balázs Bárány, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Natalia Jurga, University of St Andrews
- Charlene Kalle, Leiden University
- Antti Käenmäki, University of Oulu
- István Kolossváry, University of St Andrews
- Çağrı Sert, University of Zurich
- Mike Whittaker, University of Glasgow
- Han Yu, University of Cambridge
One-day event (10 May) speakers:
Workshop (11/12 May) speakers:
Registration. Registration has closed. If you still want to attend in person, there may be a chance that we still have capacity, please contact us directly.
Alternatively, you can view the talks online: We plan to stream the talks and you can register here to receive updates and the eventual Zoom link for the stream.
Contact: For questions that are not answered on this website, please email Henna ([email protected]) or Sascha ([email protected]).